Biblical Claims and Evidences
Is the Bible the only spiritual Book with evidence of a Supernatural Author?
*The Bible is a supernatural book. If you take the time to examine the evidence, you will discover there is no possible way man could have written this book on his own.
That is my hope for anyone reading this who has never trusted in Jesus as the Christ and as their personal Lord and Savior, who died for all of their sins.
And for believers, my hope is that the evidence presented opens your eyes to the Truth of the Bible as the Word of God, containing the secrets and purposes of God’s life for you on earth.
The Bible contains 66 books, penned by over 40 different authors over thousands of years, and yet it has an integrated harmonious design.
One of the strongest evidences of the divine inspiration of Scripture is the phenomenon of fulfilled prophecy.
It is impossible to consistently prophesy specific future events with real accuracy unless you are God.
Anyone who attempts to prophesy specific events will be confronted by the staggering odds against success created by the inescapable “laws of mathematical probability.”
God declares boldly in His Word that these prophecies and their fulfillments are His signature upon the Bible and His verification that the Bible is truly the inspired (God-breathed) Word of God. 2Tim 3:16
Isa 46:8-11 – God dares to predict the future and He is the only One who can do so, accurately and all the time.
Isa 41:21-24 – God challenged the false prophets and religions to predict the future and prove their deity.
If you believe in another god, examine the evidence of your book.
Does it have specific prophecies in it to show a Divine Hand from above?
This process must be pursued to make sure you have the TRUTH.
In this study, we will first examine scientific evidence that is recorded in the Bible before scientists ever discovered it. As we will see, science is constantly catching up to the Bible.
Then we will examine the evidence in prophecy, including many predictions the Bible made hundreds or even thousands of years before they actually came true.
Finally we will see the mathematical odds of all these things coming true. We will examine the laws of mathematical probability, and see how the combined probability of all these predictions coming true is called ‘impossible’ by science.
The precision of fulfilled prophecy becomes not only an irrefutable proof of God’s foreknowledge and sovereignty, but it also proves conclusively that the Bible is the revelation of God’s truth.
Statistical theory shows that if the chance of one event occurring is 1 in 5 and the chance of another event occurring is 1 in 10, then the chance of both events being fulfilled in sequence is 5 multiplied by 10 - the chance of both events occurring is therefore 1 in 50!
Remember this for later on in this study.
I. Scientific evidence written in the Bible before scientists ever discovered it.
1. The Bible claims that at one time the earth was covered with water.
Gen 1:9 “Then God said, ‘let the waters below the heavens be gathered into one place, and let the dry land appear;’ and it was so.”
*The book of Genesis was written between 1450-1410 B.C. (over 3400 yrs. ago)
Evidence from science now indicates that the whole earth was originally covered by water!
But how could a man have known this 3400 years ago? How could a man have written this, unless he had help from a Divine Author?
The Bible made this claim thousands of years before science finally caught up to the Bible.
2. In Gen 1:14-16, thousands of years before telescopes, the Bible states the purpose of the sun, moon, and stars.
“Then God said, ‘let there be light in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth;’ and it was so. And God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.”
*The consistency and accuracy of time and seasons is still guided by the lights in the heavens, as the Bible stated 3400 years ago.
3. In Gen 1:27-28, the Bible states that God created male and female and that they would multiply to the point where they populate the whole earth and exercise dominion over all the other living creatures upon it.
Gen 1:20 “then God said, ‘let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens.”
InGen 1:24-25 the Bible states that the land would be inhabited by the different species of animals which God created; reptiles, mammals, domestic animals, etc…
And then in Gen 1:27-28,
God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. God blessed them; and God said to them, " Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."
*The Bible claims that all this was revealed to Moses back in the 15th century B.C., which again is over 3400 years ago. And this is still true on the earth today.
Today separate distinct species of all kinds still exist, and mankind still has dominion over the entire world.
God predicted it, and it has happened, and it continues to happen.
4. The Bible claims in Gen 2:7 that man’s body is made out of the dust of the ground or the elements found in the dirt of the ground!
Gen 2:7 “Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.”
*When reduced to its basic elements, man’s body is found to be composed of the following sixteen elements: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, fluorine, sodium, magnesium, silicon, sulfur, phosphorus, chlorine, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron and iodine, all which are found in the dust of the ground!
But how could a man have known this 3400 years ago? How could a man have written this, unless he had help from a Divine Author?
Science has finally caught up to what the Bible said thousands of years ago.
*Also, man’s life depends upon the heartbeat, the pulse, and the brain waves, and the brain is nourished by the blood, which is put in motion by the oxygen inhaled from breathing; man still needs the breath of life to live.
5. In Gen 3:16, the Bible talks about a curse put upon the woman, the curse of child bearing. Think of all the advances in the medical field, and yet the curse of child bearing is still with us today!
Gen 3:16 “To the woman He said, ‘I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth, in pain you shall bring forth children;’”
Today there is still great pain in child bearing! Advances in medicine cannot take away this pain of child bearing.
6. In Gen 3:19 men were cursed related to earning bread, and today there is still hardship in earning a living.
There is no man that does not have to work to make a living. Even the wealthy have to work at protecting and maintaining their finances.
Again God’s prophecies continue to be true to the present day, even though the book of Genesis was written over 3400 years ago.
7. In Gen 15:5 God promised Abraham that his seed would be without number to the human mind, just as the stars are without number.
If the Bible were written according to ancient science, Abraham’s descendants would have stopped before his 4th generation – 4096 stars!
*It was scientific fact back then that there were only 4096 stars! No doubt about it!
Yet science is still catching up today with facts stated in the Bible over 3000 years ago.
Today science tells us there are over 200 billion stars in our galaxy alone, and Abraham’s seed is without number (to the human mind) just as the stars are!
Whywould a man have written this 3400 years ago when mankind (science) thought that 4096 stars was the scientific fact?
How could a man have written this, unless he had help from a Divine Author?
8. Judges 5:20 tells us the stars have courses, or paths.
“The stars fought from heaven, from their courses they fought against Sisera.”
Today through telescopes science tells us this is true, but in the ancient world how could man have written that the stars have definite paths they travel?
Science is once again catching up with the Bible.
And that’s because a supernatural Being directed the writing of this Book called the Bible.
9. In Isa 40:22, the Bible claims that the earth is round.
“It is He who sits above the circles of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers.”
Most of the ancient scientists believed the earth to be flat.
It wasn’t until 1519-1521 that a Portuguese navigator, Ferdinand Magellan, was the first to circle the earth and prove that it was round.
* The book of Isaiah was written about 700 B.C., about 2700 years ago.
Why would a man have written that the earth was round when everyone else from his time thought the world was flat?
How could a man have known this, unless he had help from a Divine Author?
10. In Job 26:7, the Bible claims that the earth is suspended in space!
“He stretches out the north over empty space, and hangs the earth on nothing.”
*The book of Job was written over 3400 years ago, at a time when science believed the earth was supported on the backs of elephants, turtles or serpents!
It was not until modern times that the earth was found to be suspended in empty space.
Science is finally catching up to the Bible.
Again, how could a man have written this, unless he had help from a Divine Author?
11. In Luke 17:34-36, The Lord Jesus Christ claims that upon His return He will take one of two men from the earth, and it will be nighttime on one side of the earth and daytime on the other!
The book of Luke was written 2000 years ago!!!
Mankind did not even know the earth was round, never mind that one side was day and one side was night!
*Without current day travel and technology, mankind had no idea that while it was dark where they were, there was a whole other side of the earth that had daylight at the same time.
It is only through technology and communication today that science is able to verify this fact.
So who wrote this book? It was a supernatural Author!
And there is more evidence…
12. In Job 28:25, God claims that the air has weight.
“He imparted weight to the wind, and meted out the waters by measure.”
*The fact that air had weight was not demonstrated until Pascal, in 1648, proved that it did! (3000 years after this was written in the Bible)
So one of the smartest guys on the earth in 1648 finally figured this out, yet some farmer 3500 years ago wrote this scientific fact down on paper?
How could man have written this without the help of a supernatural Being?
13. In Prov 8:26, God claims that there is dust high up in the atmosphere.
“While He had not yet made the earth and the fields, nor the first dust of the world.”
Today we are told by science that the blue color of the sky is due to the scattering of the short wave-length blue rays in white sunlight by tiny dust particles suspended high in the atmosphere.
14. The Bible even tells us about the laws of meteorology, which is the study of weather and climate.
Ecc 1:6 “Blowing toward the south, then turning toward the north, the wind continues swirling along; and on its circular courses the wind returns.”
The Bible records this fact well over 2000 years ago, before science had any idea of these truths.
15. In Psalm 135:7, God causes vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth!
Jobrecorded the same scientific fact.
Job 36:27 “For He draws up the drops of water, they distill rain from the mist,”
*Mankind did not know that rain water came from evaporation until 1888, when a German scientist formulated the basic laws of aerodynamics, thermodynamics and hydrodynamics.
But this was written in the Bible 3400 years ago. How could a man have written that without the exact direction of an all-knowing God???
16. In Job 38:30, God claims that there are regions where the surface of the sea is frozen!
“Water becomes hard like stone, and the surface of the deep is imprisoned.”
*People did not know that the face of the deep could be frozen until the 17th century when Henry Hudson explored the arctic regions of the North Pole!
Yet when was this recorded in the Bible?
17. In Psalm 147:15-17, God claims that there was a time when He quick-froze the earth. The book of Psalms was written 3000 years ago.
Since 1806, the carcasses of mammoths have been found quick-frozen in the Siberian wastelands. In many cases their meat was still fresh enough to eat and their food was still in their mouth.
But this was not discovered by mankind until 1806.
Why would a man have written such a strange claim over 3000 years ago?
18. In Job 28:7, the Bible claims that the vulture is guided by his sight.
“The path no bird of prey knows, nor has the falcon’s eye caught sight of it.”
*Until recently science believed that birds of prey were guided by smell.
But the book of Job recorded this fact over 3400 years ago.
19. In Dan 12:4, God claims that in the times of the end, “many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.”
The Bible foretells the airplane in the returning of the Jews to Israel! This is in the book of Isaiah, written about 2700 years ago.
Isa 40:31 “Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles,”
Isa 60:8 “Who are these who fly like a cloud, and like the doves to their lattices?”
In Nahum 2:4, referring to the Assyrian war chariots, God foreshadows fast transportation - possibly the automobile!
Nah 2:4“The chariots race madly in the streets, they rush wildly in the squares, their appearance is like torches, they dash to and fro like lightning flashes.”
This was predicted over 2500 years ago in the book of Nahum.
20. In Genesis 11:1-9 we have the prophecy about the languages of the earth.
Because mankind was trying to earn their way to heaven, instead of trusting in God, God created many different languages so they could not continue to build the Tower of Babel.
And the word “Us” used for God in verse 7, gives us one of many references that there is a Trinity.
This is where we get the English word babble from, indicating lack of understanding another’s speech.
According to minimal estimates, there are 2500-3000 idioethnic languages in the world today. Maximum estimates say there are many more.
Today this prophecy of the languages is still with us on the earth, and no matter how hard mankind tries, he cannot make a one-world nation because of the diversity of languages.
This is a good time for a story, which illustrates a good point. None of us is good enough to earn our way into heaven. It must be wholly provided as a gift by God.
Duct Tape or a Nail?
A man dies and goes to heaven. Of course, St. Peter meets him at the Pearly Gates.
St. Peter says, "Here's how it works: You need 100 points to make it into heaven. You tell me all the good things you've done, and I’ll give you a certain number of points for each item, depending on how good it was. When you reach 100 points, you get in."
"Fantastic, that's good for two more points," he says.
We will examine later what the Bible says about salvation being given to us, and we receive it by simple faith in Christ as Lord and Savior.
21. The prophecy about underwater inhabitation is taught in Amos 9:3.
This could be evidence of Atlantis really existing, or simply pointing to man’s ability to now live underwater for 6 months at a time in submarines.
22. There is a prophecy of a time when man will not be able to buy or sell without a mark on his arm or his head. Rev 13:16-17
Written almost 2000 years ago in the book of Revelation, this was a strange claim to make at a time when technology was limited to making coins.
But today we finally have the technology. Not until the last 20 years or so has it been possible to mark every member of the human race, whether it be using an eye scan or a computer chip.
According to an article in USA Today from May 12, 2004, computer chips are now being considered for implanting under people’s skin or even in their brain!
“Get Chipped, then charge without plastic – you are the card”
Today we also have the technology to keep track of most people on earth, through things like Social Security numbers, computers and satellites!
We have the technology to record everyone’s fingerprints, and even eye scans are becoming more popular in identification. This could also be a method of the mark on the right hand (fingerprint) or on the forehead (eyescan).
Never before was this prophecy legitimately possible!
*How could a man have written this without the direct assistance of God Himself?
The Bible is God’s Word, and with all this proof we must go to the Bible for all answers about life.
II. Prophetic evidence where the Bible predicts specific events about God becoming a man, and what He would go through on earth for mankind.
1. In the Old Testament Scriptures, it is written by the Jewish prophets in Micah 5:2, that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem.
Mic 5:2“But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, from the days of eternity.”
We will see later that Bethlehem was an unusual choice, since there were 100 other towns in Judah, many of which were bigger and more famous.
In Matthew 2:1, this prophecy was fulfilled when Jesus was born in Bethlehem over 700 years later.
* Mat 2:1Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem,...
2. Again, in the Old Testament Scriptures, it is implied in Zechariah 6:12 that the Savior would be from a town called Nazareth, by the claim that His name would be called “Branch”.
In Matthew 2:23, Jesus Christ fulfilled this prophecy 600 years later.
He would be known as the Nazarene, or Jesus of Nazareth.
* Mat 2:23 And came and resided in a city called Nazareth, that what was spoken through the prophets might be fulfilled, “He shall be called a Nazarene.” (Branch)
Jesus grew up in Nazareth and Nazareth means “branch”.
The Messiah was also predicted to be a branch of David, Jer 23:5-6, and His name is “The Lord of righteousness”.
3. It is written in Hosea 11:1 that God would call His Son out of Egypt.
Hos 11:1 “When Israel was a youth, I loved Him, and out of Egypt I called My Son.”
Egypt is another land the Messiah was said to come from. And what are the odds of all 3 locations being true as the home of one individual?
In Matthew 2:13, Jesus Christ was called out of Egypt 700 years later, because that’s where Joseph took Him as an infant, to protect Him from the massacre of King Herod.
* Mat 2:13Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph, saying, “Arise, and take the Child and His mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is going to search for the Child to destroy Him.”
4. It is written in Zechariah 9:9, over 500 years before the birth of Christ, that the King of Israel would come to them mounted on a donkey.
Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout [in triumph], O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold your King is coming to you; He is just and endowed with salvation, humble, and mounted on a donkey, even on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
* In Matthew 21:1-11 Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem on a donkey is documented.
5. We have the prophecy of certain events involving the suffering and death of the Messiah in Psalm 22:6-8. (For those of the Jewish faith, the Messiah was supposed to suffer and die first for the sins of the people, before He rules as King.)
Psa 22:6-8 But I am a worm, and not a man, a reproach of men, and despised by the people. All who see Me sneer at Me; they separate with the lip, they wag the head, saying, “Commit Yourself to the Lord; let Him deliver Him; let Him rescue Him, because He delights in Him.”
This was totally fulfilled 1000 years later in Luke 23:35.
*Luk 23:35And the people stood by, looking on. And even the rulers were sneering at Him, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if this is the Christ of God, His Chosen One.”
6. We have the prophecy of the Messiah’s hands and feet being pierced in Psalm 22:16
Psa 22:16 For dogs have surrounded Me; a band of evildoers has encompassed Me; they pierced My hands and My feet.
The key to these prophecies is when these Jewish scriptures were first written.
The book of Psalms was written approximately 1000 years before the time of Jesus!
* This was fulfilled throughout the gospels when His enemies nailed His hands and feet to the cross, Matthew 27:31, Mark 15:24.
It is common knowledge that Jesus died this way, not just from the Bible, but from ancient historians like Josephus and Tacitus.
Roman capitol punishment was performed through crucifixion.
Yet crucifixion was not known to exist when the book of Psalms was written.
* Mat 27:31 And after they had mocked Him, they took His robe off and put His garments on Him, and led Him away to crucify Him.
Some skeptics say that Jesus, knowing the scriptures, arranged situations in His life so He could fulfill the predictions about the Messiah.
If Jesus was a fake, do you think He would arrange it for Himself to die that horrible death, just so He could fulfill the Old Testament scriptures?
He would then be dead! And if He wasn’t the Messiah and was a fake, He would have wanted to stay alive, let alone die a horrible, excruciating death.
Crucifixion is the last thing that any human being would want to go through.
And if Jesus was not God in the flesh, how did He rise from the dead 3 days later? Even till today, scientists cannot find His remains in the tomb.
7. The prophecy of the Messiah receiving wounds between His armsis given in Zechariah 13.
Zec 13:6 “And one will say to Him, ‘What are these wounds between Your arms?’ Then He will say, ‘Those with which I was wounded in the house of My friends.’”
This was recorded by the prophet Zechariah over 500 years before Christ’s crucifixion, when He received those horrible wounds between his arms.
Jesus was Jewish, another requirement of the Messiah, and He was wounded in the house of his “friends”, his own people.
So if any of you are anti-Semetic, that is the most stupid thing you could be.
The Savior of the world is a Jew.
8. Think of the fact that the Jewish people did not use a cross or a tree for capital punishment; therefore consider the odds of the Lord Jesus Christ having to die on a cross by the hands of the Jews!
It was prophesied that the Savior would die on a tree (Deu 21:23, Gal 3:13) and it was also prophesied that He would die at the hands of His own people, the Jews, (Isa 53, Psa 22).
And this was writtenover 800 years before Jesus was on earth.
9. The prophecy of the piercing of the Messiah’s side is given in Zechariah 12.
Zec 12:10 “They will look on Me whom they have pierced, and they will mourn for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him, like the bitter weeping over a first-born.”
This was fulfilled about 500 years later in John 19:34 and Rev 1:7.
* Joh 19:34But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water.
* Rev 1:7“Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him.”
Joh 20:27 fulfilled this“Then He said to Thomas, ‘Reach here your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand, and put it into My side; and be not unbelieving, but believing.”
10. Isaiah prophesied that the Messiah would come to die for our sins in order to save us.
Isa 53:5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed.
This was fulfilled hundreds of years later throughout the entire New Testament, as in Romans 5:6-8.
* Rom 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
11. There is the prophecy of the blood on 2 sides of the doorposts and above the door, displaying the location of the blood of the Passover lamb that saved them. Exo 12:7
Exo 12:7 “Moreover, they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses in which they eat it.”
*This is prophecy about the death of Jesus Christ,
1Co 5:7 “For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed.”
Either this is just a coincidence or this was planned by an all-knowing God 1500 years before the crucifixion of Christ on a cross.
12. There is the prophecy about the brazen serpent being lifted up as a Savior for the sick people. Num 21:9
This was fulfilled by the Lord Jesus Christ in Joh 3:14, 12:32, and Heb 12:2.
* Joh 3:14 “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up.”
* Joh 12:32 “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.”
The horrible spectacle of an innocent man being lifted up on a public cross has drawn all men to question WHO JESUS REALLY IS.
If he died a quiet death in a private home, no one would be aware of Him today. He embraced a humiliating public death as an innocent man, so the world would search for His purpose and origin.
13. There is the prophecy of casting lots (gambling) for His garments!
Psa 22:18 “They divide My garments among them, and for My clothing they cast lots.”
This was written 1000 years before the Roman soldiers gambled for Jesus’ fine linen clothing.
* Mat 27:35 “And when they had crucified Him, they divided up His garments among themselves, casting lots.”
14. There is the prophecy that not one of His bones would be broken.
Psa 34:20 “He keeps all His bones; not one of them is broken.”
* None of His bones were broken in Joh 19:34-36!
Most who died by crucifixion had their legs broken by the Romans to hasten their death and be taken down from the cross.
But with Jesus they saw that He was already dead when they wanted to take Him down, so they didn’t bother to break his legs.
15. Then there is the prophecy of the false witnesses in Psa 35:11.
* In Mar 14:57-58 false witnesses could not agree on why Jesus was guilty and deserving of death.
16. There is the Old Testament prophecy of the betrayal of Judas Iscariot.
Psa 41:9 “Even My close friend, in whom I trusted, who ate My bread, has lifted up his heel against Me.”
* Luk 22:47-48 describes Judas’ betrayal 1000 years after the original prophecy.
17. There is the prophecy that they would offer the suffering Savior gall and vinegar to drink.
Psa 69:21 “They also gave Me gall for My food, and for My thirst they gave Me vinegar to drink.”
* This was true about Jesus 1000 years later in Mat 27:34 “They gave Him wine to drink mingled with gall; and after tasting it, He was unwilling to drink.”
18. Isaiah, 800 years before the Lord’s death, prophesied the physical abuse and humiliation of Jesus.
Isa 50:6 “I gave My back to those who strike Me, and My cheeks to those who pluck out the beard; I did not cover My face from humiliation and spitting.”
* Mat 26:67 describes the fulfillment.
They would actually put a bag on Jesus’ head and punch Him and tell Him to prophecy who hit Him.
19. Isaiah prophesied Jesus Christ’s silence as He approached the Cross in Isa 53:7.
* This was fulfilled in Mar 15:4-5 “And Pilate was questioning Him again, saying, ‘Do You make no answer? See how many charges they bring against You!”
20. It was prophesied that His death would be with criminals.
Isa 53:12 “And He was numbered with the transgressors; yet He Himself bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressors.”
* Luk 23:33-34 fulfilled this 800 years later, when he was crucified with 2 thieves.
III. Prophecy in the Bible is always supported by mathematical evidence.
Mathematical probability figures out the odds of something being possible or coming true.
* One can estimate the probability of the chance fulfillment of any specific prophecy by determining the number of alternative ways in which the given circumstances might have combined.
The chances that the Messiah would come out of the tribe of Judah (Gen 49:10) are about 1 in 12, because there were 12 Jewish tribes from which He might have come.
The chances that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2) are about 1 in 100, since there were over 100 towns in Judah where He might have been born.
* So the combined probability that both events could have come true by chance could be 1/12 multiplied by 1/100. That equals 1 in 1200!
Let’s carry that to another prophecy. We also covered the fact that the Messiah would be a Nazarene, the Branch. The odds of that would also be 1 in 100, since there were over 100 towns in Judah.
* So the combined probability of all 3 prophecies coming true about one person would be 1/12 X 1/100 X 1/100 = 1 in 120,000!
This is a mathematical fact, based on scientific formula.
Science is once again proving the Bible to be supernatural.
Then we take the fact that the Messiah, God’s Son, would also be brought out of Egypt. Now the odds here take a jump. Egypt is a foreign land and there are over 100 towns in the land of Judah. What are the odds of this prediction coming true, out of all the towns and countries in the entire Middle East?
Let’s say it’s 1 in 200.
* The combined probability of all 4 prophecies coming true, hundreds of years later, about one person, would be 1/12 X 1/100 X 1/100 X 1/200 = 1 in 24,000,000! This is just for 4 prophecies.
Now, think of the prediction that the Messiah would die on a tree, have His hands and feet pierced AND die at the hands of the Jews.
When these things were written there was no such thing as crucifixion, and even when crucifixion became a means of capitol punishment, it was never used by the Jews!
So what are the odds?
We could think of at least 20 ways to die. We could think of 20 body parts that could be pierced (especially today, with all the tattoos and piercing going on). Then for Him to die at the hands of His own people, rather than some enemy nation, let’s just say there are 20 other nations that could have killed Him.
* Just in the manner of the Lord’s death we would have to multiply 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20 = 1 in 8000.
Now let’s multiply 1/8000 x 1/24,000,000 = 1 in 192,000,000,000
See how quickly the odds can increase? And that’s just 5 prophecies.
There are over 300 prophecies from the Old Testament of the Bible that have already been fulfilled by the first coming of Jesus Christ.
If just 20 of the prophecies concerning the Lord Jesus Christ were fulfilled by Christ at His first Coming, the combined probability would be one chance in 10 one-seventy-fifths.
That number could be written as “1” followed by 175 zeros!
* 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,
To illustrate the magnitude of such a number, imagine a universe that is 5 million billion billion light-years in radius, all solidly packed with microscopic particles, each of which is only one fourth of a millionth of a billionth of an inch in diameter. The total number of particles, then, turns out to be 10 to the 175th power. Now imagine that one particle is painted red, while all the others are painted white. Stir them up well with a giant paddle, and then send a blind man into the great sea of particles to pick just one. The chance that he would select the red particle is the same as the probability that those twenty prophecies could have all been fulfilled, by chance, in the life of one individual.
Incredibly, this calculation is based on only twenty of the three hundred Messianic prophecies, not to mention all the other biblical prophecies!
Mat 19:26 “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
* 2Pet 1:21 sums it up:
In Psa 138:2, God has magnified His Word above His very own name.
* The problem is that “the god of this world (the devil) has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them,” 2Co 4:4
With this overwhelming evidence, we must turn to the inspired Bible for all our answers in this life.
*The Bible says the only way to be saved is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ!
The multitude of evidence that we shared today is why we are so dogmatic!!!
And this is why we worship and study this Book, because it is the Word from God (Joh 1:1) and the mind of Jesus Christ (1Co 2:16), no doubt about it.
Only the Word of God will last forever. Only this Word in your soul will accompany you to meet the Lord in the next life.
Isa 40:8 “The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.”
Mat 24:35 “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words shall not pass away.”
So what does this miraculous book say about life and death, and heaven and hell?
The same book that predicted all of these events, and there are many more, is the same book that tells us that God is freely offering us eternal life through His Son Jesus Christ.
* Salvation is a free gift offered by God to the entire human race, and whoever believes on His Son shall never perish, but has eternal life! Joh 3:16-18
We are all said to be unworthy sinners. Rom 3:10
That’s why the Lord had to pay the whole price for our sins, for us.
He said in Joh 19:30, before He physically died on the Cross, “It is finished.”
Our salvation was completely purchased by Christ on the Cross. He died spiritually as our substitute, separated from God the Father, before He ever died physically.
Jesus Christ died for the sins of the whole world, Heb 10:10,14,“once for all”.
This supernatural book says we simply need to accept His free gift of salvation through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone. Acts 16:31, Rom 6:23, Joh 1:12.
It is not accomplished by faith in ourselves, or in our own goodness; remember the Duct Tape or the Nail?
Don’t reject this free gift of God.
Trust in Jesus Christ as your God and Savior; the promised One from the Old Testament.
* Isa 9:6For a child [the humanity of Christ] will be born to us, a Son [the deity of Christ] will be given to us
…The government will rest on His shoulders and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father,Prince of Peace.
So right now, in your own words and in thought only, you can tell God that you are believing in His Son Jesus Christ for eternal life.
Jesus said in Mar 1:15 "Repent and believe the good news!"
You are a sinner, and you need a Savior.
* For the Bible promises in Acts 16:31 “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved!”
Don’t delay. Life is short.